We all have days like today

We all have crap days. I suffer from clinical and chronic depression and have had it since I was 10. Its awful, it's painful and its dangerous. But what can we do about it? 

#1 Be consistent

Showering as much as possible, eating well and cleaning up for me are the hardest things that I do, but sometimes its absolutely imperative that we do these said things. I like to put it this way in my head: "I am the only one that's going to be able to do this so its now or never."

#2 Chin up... it is what it is

Times like these come to me almost every day. But we have to try to do something to distract ourselves and yes, sometimes all we are able to do is sit on the couch and do nothing (common occurrence at the Bentley household) Sometimes I can't do anything and this includes eating. But pushing through is something that takes time. Setting an exact time and doing that one job is what I do and its works perfectly.

#3 Exercise and wellbeing

I personally haven't gotten out of the house to exercise in months. I am in deep depression but at times I think about it and these moments of motivation are what we need to listen to and act upon. Even walking to the mail box and back 3 times is enough to start with. If you have mental health matters, try and apply for the NDIS (make sure you put in there that you have a psychosocial matter but only if its true)

#4 Keep in touch

Calling up a friend or loved one is something that I fail to do when going through hard times and I especially tend to push people away when they try to help me. Staying in contact can help them and help you to be connected and when someone else is involved we can feel safer and more protected rather than doing this on our own.

Please subscribe and join my mailing list as well as share on your social media pages and feel free to contribute using the button below.

Shane Bentley

Contribute
https://www.onpointcomputerrepairs.com.au/top-4-things-to-do-when-your-having-a-bad-day/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maximizing Productivity and Efficiency Through Staff Training

The Importance of Having a Business Plan for Your Business