What its like living with Tourettes

Hello and welcome to another blog. This one is a heartfelt one and weighs heavy on my heart. So you ever feel a sneeze coming and can't stop it coming out every time? Me too. This is what its like having Tourettes syndromehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yy6UUncUI0
What is Tourettes Syndrome?
Tourettes Syndrome is a psychological disorder which causes the neuron's to fire at the wrong time which causes the brain to tell your body to do movements and sounds which can not be helped. Some people can suppress them, however if Tourettes is suppressed, the tics come back twice as bad for up too 24 hours.
How is Tourettes Syndrome treated?
Tourettes can be treated with medication and often, a strict diet containing little to no sugar. At times if its bad enough, deep brain stimulation can be helpful and give someone with bad Tourettes a new outlook on life.

The affects of having Tourettes Syndrome
Bullying, ridicule and avoidance of the person with Tourettes Syndromeare more than often happen to the majority of people with the condition. It's hard,.. going through school for me was a nightmare. The teasing was enough to make me mentally unwell, the name calling and the ridicule was horrific. Nobody understood me, everyone had misconceptions of me and they just didn't understand what was happening. I'd come home crying at times because I couldn't even walk down the street to get milk without being starred at and made fun of.
Is there hope for you?
The short answer is YES! It gets better. As we leave our Teenage years and grow into an adult we may experience reduced the tics (this is not common for the majority) however I know that for me, some of my vocal tics reduced by my motor tics stayed the same. You gotta be strong.
Something for the parents to read
I recommend asking the school principle for a time out card where the child can take 10 minutes and do the tics in the play ground where no one else can hear or see and when they feel like its safe to come back into class, they can with no questions asked.

Please subscribe and join my mailing list as well as share on your social media pages and feel free to contribute using the button below.Shane Bentley

Contribute
https://www.onpointcomputerrepairs.com.au/living-with-tourettes-syndrome/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maximizing Productivity and Efficiency Through Staff Training

The Importance of Having a Business Plan for Your Business