In life, we need to set limits on what we do. We need to have both personal and professional boundaries. Its actually very important that we establish and apply these (rules of life) everywhere we go.

Sometimes I find it really hard as a tech to seperate myself from my work. I have even spent hours at night trying to finish all the dreaded windows updates just so that I can meet my goal of a 24 - 48 hour turnaround.

Do you have personal goals that you manipulate your work life around to meet them?

It's time to focus on you because someone can replace you (your role) in a workplace within a week but they can't replace you.

Four questions to help get you started:

- Is work driving how you live at home?
- Is work always on your mind even outside of the work place=?
- Do you eat fast food just so that you can get back to work?
- Do you pull your laptop out at home to check on things and get trapped into doing more work even if your not getting paid for it?

Set yourself some SMART goals

Until tomorrow, have a great day and I'll chat soon.

Shane Bentley.
https://www.onpointcomputerrepairs.com.au/boundaries-and-limits/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog