https://youtu.be/am7kaAerVCQ

To get started with video, all you need is your smartphone and in this video, we're gonna be breaking down how to shoot a youtube video.

Now, we're using the iPhone 8, but if you have an Android or any other smartphone, you're gonna get massive value from this video.So let's get into it.(upbeat music)

Hey, what's up? Sean Cannell here.- Heather Torres here.- And this is Think Media, bringing you the best tips and tools for building your influence with online video and social media and we're so excited because we're in a four-part series. This is part one of how to create YouTube videos with your smartphone.Part one is gonna be all about shooting the video.Then we're gonna do thumbnails in part two.How to edit in part three and then finally, how to upload it and optimizethe video in part four.

Now, you know, when I first started on YouTube, all I had was a smartphone. I was not into gear, all of that was really intimidating to me, so, I just wanna encourage you, that this video is really gonna walk you step-by-step, through how to start creating content with a phone that you already have.(bright music)

Tip number one is before you lock down your shot and set up any gear, put your phone in selfie mode and get a feel for the room.- Yeah, I took the phone as Sean said, in selfie mode, walked around 'cause I wanted to see what the background was gonna look like with me in the shot. Now, you might think that we do this really well at Think Media, but it takes us a couple of times.So, you'll see, I set up the shot first and it didn't quite work out.So, I wanted the tripod to bemabout an arm's length away, and I wanted the background to not be too busy.so iI moved around the room and then finally, locked in the right shot.

Tip number two is to get your gear ready. Now, here's the cool thing. You can start with your smartphone, by just putting it on a pile of books, using your on-camera microphone, but there are a few pieces of gear that we recommend really level up your smartphone content.And that is a lighting kit.The lighting kit we have for this shoot was under $100.

And then also, a microphone.And if you've got your dongle, then the microphone just plugs right into your phone, make it sound better, and Heather was able tomclip that to her shirt.And then finally, just tripod and a smartphone mount. And you could get all of that gear for right around $150 here in the U.S.So if you wanna see links to any of those specific items, we'll post those in the description below

- Tip number three isto lock down your shot. Now, there's always the dilemma,do you do the selfie mode? Or do you do the normal camera?We suggest that you do the normal camera.

There's the best thing.I know I thought when I sat down, "I can't see myself".But don't worry, do a test shot first where you click the button, you sit down, you say something so you can test your audio, you can check the background, make sure everything's in the frame, it looks nice, and then when you get started, everything's good to go.- Yeah and the reason you wanna do that is that the normal the camera on most phones, like the majority, is so much superior to the selfie camera.But here's the thing, you can still use the selfie camera if you want, but avoid this mistake.A lot of people, when they're having selfie mode, they look at themselves and not the lens.Therefore, people can see it's on the YouTube video.So do your best to look at that little lens on your phone, and that way, you'll be making eye contact with the viewer.

Tip number four is to lock in your video settings before you start to shoot.Now, most cameras onyour phone will do 1080p, which is great.And we recommend choosing that setting but if you have them option for 4K, choose 4K. So in this video, we're doing 4K at 30 frames per second.- Yeah, and later in the series, we're gonna be going through how to edit that.And what's cool is, on an iPhone 8, which is the phone we're using this series, you'll be able to edit 4K easily.But here's the other thing, you can always shoot in 4K, but then later down-process it to 1080pand it'll still look better on YouTube, helping you get more views and build your brand faster.Hey, I hope you're getting value out of this video.And if you are, can you smash the Like button?All right, let's get right back into the tips.(dog barking)Rosie (beep)- Tip number five is to deliver the content.Now, before I even sat down to record the video, there were two things that I did. The first thing is I researched what I wanted my video to be about.So, I didn't just set up all my gear, sit down, stare at the camera, and go "what am I gonna record?"No, I actually knew what the video was gonna be about.

The second thing I did, was I took the content that I knew I wanted to have in the video and I broke it down into points. That just helps me record the video better and allows my audience to be able to follow along with the video all the way to the end. Then, what I did, was press record. Now, I walked through the entire video, and just like you, I stumbled.I had to stop and restart, and that's okay. You're not gonna get it right the first time, but just keep going. (relaxing bright music) All right, and now that all the footage is on the phone, it's ready for the edit. But there's actually one more step before that, and that is creating a great thumbnail for YouTube.So if you wanna watch part two is this series, you can click or tap the YouTube card and we'll post a link to it in the description below as well.

- And, if you wanna watch the full video that I did on my iPhone for this video, you can check it out on my homeschool channel, and we'll post that on the YouTube card or in the description below.- Question of the day: what smartphone do you currently have? Tell us in the comment section below and we will see you in the next video.Peace.(relaxing bright music.

Shane Bentley.
https://www.onpointcomputerrepairs.com/how-to-make-a-youtube-video-on-your-smartphone/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maximizing Productivity and Efficiency Through Staff Training

The Importance of Having a Business Plan for Your Business